Help us build an inclusive community
Our vision is to create a world where anyone can make new friends and no one needs to fear being lonely. We are building better-connected and inclusive communities to do this.
To ensure financial sustainability, everyone pays to join our community but some memberships, for older people on lower incomes, are subsidized.
To truly unleash the power of our community, we want to offer free sponsored places to the most marginalised in our community such as formerly homeless older people.
The difference you can make
I am 76 and I am a carer for my husband, who had a stroke which took away his speech. I joined BuddyHub a year ago because I thought it would be a good way to meet new people and have a chat about things. When I met my first Buddy I was surprised at how young she is, I wasn’t sure it would work. But everything has gone really well. I have three Buddies now and I am so glad I joined.
Nothing compares to the gift of friendship. Start the journey of change for one of your neighbours by sponsoring a free place in our community.
Anyone can become a sponsor, so you don’t need to be an active member of the community. If you believe our work to build inclusive and better-connected communities is important, please enable some of the most isolated and lonely people to join us.
Take direct action against loneliness by sponsoring people who are very marginalised to join our community.
Your organisation will not only be helping to tackle one of the biggest social issues of our time, brought into sharp focus by the pandemic, but increasing your competitive edge as 94% of younger adults are motivated to work for companies that improve their community and the world.
One in five office workers feel lonely. The chances are that some of your employees will experience it too. This can influence their engagement, performance, and productivity as loneliness and isolation negatively impact our mental and physical health.
BuddyHub can enable your employees to join local intergenerational friendship groups. This provides purpose and improves their overall wellbeing.
Include BuddyHub as a flexible corporate offer or spread the word to your employees and impress them by matching their commitment as a corporate sponsor.
Frequently asked questions
- Why does BuddyHub need Community sponsors?
- BuddyHub is a membership community and to be truly inclusive we want older adults on low incomes or facing financial hardship to be able to join. We offer very reduced fees for older adults on means-tested benefits and some free places for those in financial hardship. The more community sponsors we have the more older people on lower incomes who can join us. The contribution of community sponsors is vital to our impact and growth.
- How do I cancel my contribution as a Community Sponsor?
- If you wish to stop contributing then simply contact us and let us know and we will cancel this for you. You can also change your contribution if needed.Please email us at [email protected]
- Who are corporate sponsors?
- Any organisation who would like to support our cause can take action by getting involved as a corporate sponsor. We offer different opportunities and you can contact us to discuss this at [email protected]
- Who are Community Sponsors?
- Anyone can become a sponsor, so you don’t need to be an active member of the community. If you believe our work to build inclusive, intergenerational communities is important, you can enable some of the most isolated and lonely older people to join us by sponsoring places for them.